Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ih ih ih

Here I am. Sitting in front of this PC, wondering. Thinking. What am I going to do today? Sheesh. The motivation seems to fade away. I don’t feel too excited anymore, working here. This is sad. Pathetic.

I came here with a great vision, and high hopes. I wanted to learn, add my knowledge and gain experience. Well, I did get those, but with little passion. Everyone here is thinking about himself or herself. They worked hard to promote themselves, and don’t care about others. I guess I don’t blame them. This is the reality. You have to compete. Otherwise, you’ll get to nowhere.

So, Khairil has gone to Perth. So did Sue. Adam is next. Siti is still in Melbourne. I heard Saifudin is next in line to go to Perth. Edward is even better, migrated to Melbourne and work there. So, where do I stand now? Nowhere dude. Except Khairil, all of them joined this company after me. They all got their chances already. Me? Only God can tell.

Now, am I being jealous here? Yes, you can say that. The way I see it, I’m a victim of this company hasten vision and planning. I have to work with two supervisors, and that makes it harder for them to make proper plan for me. Today, I do dam job, tomorrow, I do drainage job. Then they become confused, whether to send me for training on dams, or drainage design. In the end, I go nowhere. Perfect. Just perfect.

If you want to recruit and train a dam engineer, then make sure you set a proper plan for it. Don’t just pluck this fella from anywhere and ask him to learn this and that. At the same time, let this fella do other work, which is not quite related. Then you expect this fella to learn quickly. Steep learning curve. Yea right. Steep my pompous ass la.

I know, it’s never easy to be success. But without fair, and equal chance, how am I going to compete and upgrade myself? Maybe I’m just too frustrated here, I don’t know. I was promised a lot of things early this year and none of it being materialised. Ni macam janji2 pilihanraya la ni. Akhirnya gigit jari. Jalan tak berturap. Air takde. Elektrik pon tak masuk.

I wonder when will the letter from the “heaven” delivered to me. Save me from this misery (and lead me to other type of misery). As I have little strength to wait any longer. The grass is always greener on the other side. Is there any truth in it? We have to find out. I have to find out. This episode has becoming so sad. Pathetic.